- Espenberg, S., & Espenberg, K. (2015). First Contact Care Sphere of Responsibility and theTerms and Conditions for Outpatient Referral forGynaecological and Psychiatric Assistance and inTreatment of Traumas, Tuberculosis, Eye Diseases,Skin Diseases or Sexually Transmitted Diseases.Comparative Analysis of Principles, Applicable in Chosen Countries. Tartu University Centre for Applied Social Sciences (CASS): Tartu.
- The World Bank Group. (2015). The State of Health Care Integration in Estonia. Materials available here.
- Koppel A, Kahur K, Habicht T, Saar P, Habicht J and van Ginneken E. (2008) Estonia: Health system review. Health Systems in Transition.
- Habicht T. (2008) „Governing a single-payer mandatory health insurance system: the case from Estonia“. Chapter in Sawedoff WD and Gottret P eds. Governing mandatory health insurance Learning from experience. Washington, DC: World Bank.
- Habicht T, Habicht J. (2008). "Estonia: "Good Practice" in Expanding Health Care Coverage" Chapter in Gottret P, Schieber GJ, and Waters H eds. Good practices in health financing: lessons from reforms in low and middle-income countries. Washington, DC: World Bank.
- Couffinhal A, Habicht T. Health System Financing in Estonia. HSF Working Document. Health Systems Financing Programme. WHO Regional Office for Europe, 2005.
- Estonian Health Insurance Fund (2009) „Overview of Estonian experiences with DRG system“, Tallinn.
- Maynard A. (2008) „Payment for Performance (P4P): International experience and a cautionary proposal for Estonia“, WHO Regional Office for Europe.